Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Burn Notice and Watercolors!

I painted most of the day today.  I sat at the office desk so I had quick access to my flower photos for reference.  Half of my computer screen was of orange poppies and irises and the other half was on Netflix ...playing Burn Notice --a television spy show.  Towards evening, I started to feel uneasy.  I couldn't figure out what was troubling me so I stepped away from the computer.  I couldn't shake the feeling that something was about to happen ...that something was wrong.  Then, I thought about the number of Burn Notice episodes I'd watched ...I had to laugh!  That many spy shows and I'm going to start feeling a little on edge!  It reminded me of when I was powering through Prison Break episodes while painting abstract oils.  I was a little shaken-up then too!

So, I fixed the kids dinner and I poured myself a glass of wine and headed outside with my sketchbook and a fresh bouquet of lilacs and tulips to draw.  That did the trick.  
Poppies and Irises ...influenced by Burn Notice
My solution ...the mamma starling, squawking at me, was even refreshing!  

1 comment:

  1. Good choice on the outdoor setting. Lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete